It is absolutely wonderful to hear some new music from these British rockers. Choice Of Weapon, the group’s first record of new material in approximately five years finds the group paying tribute to their past, specifically the time around their landmark back-to-back albums of Electric and Sonic Temple. While the track The Wolf might owe more to the band’s hit She Sells Sanctuary than any of the music that followed, the group’s guitar driven sound, lead by vocalist Ian Astbury has aged rather well.
Become a MusicNerd Fan!
The Latest and Greatest
- The MusicNerd Q&A With Jimmy Eat World
- Review of Headstones – Love & Fury (Frostbyte / Universal Music Canada)
- Review of David Myles – In The Nighttime (Independent)
- Review of Natalie Maines – Mother (Sony Music Canada)
- Win Tickets To See Hayden In Moncton!
- The Mahones – Doing Things Their Way
- The MusicNerd Q&A With Ryan Leblanc
- Review of Shaun Leblanc – Kaleidoscope (Independent)
- Review of Ross Neilsen Band – Resurrection (Independent)
- Review of Steve Earle and The Dukes (& Duchesses) – The Low Highway (New West)
- Roch Voisine Comes Home To Play
- Keith Harkin Keeps It Intimate
- Music Keeps Merle Haggard Young
- David Myles Not Afraid To Expand His Sound
- The MusicNerd Q&A With Enter The Haggis
- Review of The Postal Service – Give Up (10th Anniversary Edition) (Sub Pop / Outside Music)
- Review of Penny Blacks – The Silver Screen EP (Independent)
- Review of The Treasures – Bring The Night Home (Universal Music Canada)
- Charley Pride Still A Major Player In Country Music Game
- Moncton’s Shaun Leblanc Celebrates Release Of New Record
- The MusicNerd Files Edition #21
- Massari Performs At iRock On Saturday Night
- Win Some Music! Who Doesn’t Like Music?! You Like Music!
- The MusicNerd Q&A With Charles Bradley
- Review of The Flaming Lips – The Terror (Warner Music Canada)
- Review of The Good Family Album – S/T (Latent)
- Review of Andrew Wyatt – Descender (Fontana North)
- Samantha Robichaud Invites Fans In The Green Room
- TobyMac Lets The Songs Speak For Themselves
- Sloan To Release Hardcore 7″ Single, Covers Record